Phil Black is experienced in developing and optimising industrial solutions, with strong emphasis on sustainable implementation and exceptional stakeholder communications at all levels.
- Graduated with 1st Class Honours in Metallurgical Engineering - RMIT 1990
- Graduate Diploma in Aluminium Process Technology – UNSW 2006
- More than 23 years’ experience in executive business development, project leadership and process engineering
- Lead roles in environmental solution implementation, $6B Greenfield EPCM projects, smelter operations, research & development, Brownfield plant upgrades and Sales & Marketing
- Fundamental knowledge of all aspects of industrial processing from technology R&D through raw materials logistics, smelting operations and environmental improvements to product development, sales & marketing and client relations
- Worked on projects at 16 operations facilities in 12 countries; skilled in cultural change management
- High-level skills in industrial processing and environmental technologies, CAPEX and OPEX modeling, Front-End Engineering Design, project management and commissioning
Areas of particular expertise:
- Project manager - process building detailed engineering design. Multidisciplinary deliverables to time and budget.
- Governmental environmental policy development in Industrial Waste Management - Peer Review
- Global Client Relationship development for Prescribed Industrial Waste (PIW) solutions
- Thought leadership in Sustainable practices and Circular Economy thinking
- International Project Management from conception to implementation, with special skills in Business Development and Client Relationship Management
- Technical Due Diligence studies of multinational company assets including industrial process modelling and financial modelling
- Greenfield Smelting Project Feasibility Studies & Front-End Engineering Design, Flowsheet development, mass balances and basic data lists
- Construction and Commissioning Support, Project Management, Global Workshare and Discipline Coordination for major (US$6 Billion) Greenfield project in the Middle East
- Project and Engineering Risk Assessment systems development and implementation together with HAZOP/HAZID/QRA facilitation and training
- Process gas treatment engineering, environmental performance upgrades and gaseous emissions monitoring
- Research and Development methodologies from laboratory and pilot scale testing through to full-scale design, construction and commissioning
- Team leadership in Operations, Safety and Training.